Friday, August 22, 2008

Why Can't I Get Out Of Bed?

I can't get out of bed.

I really don't understand, it's a new thing for me this, hit your snooze for an hour straight...

Another thing I don't understand, why all I can think about when I wake up and get ready is music and what I will be making for dinner. While most of the time what I decide at 6:30am is not what I eat at 9pm, I still insist on deciding every morning. So, this morning I decided on...

TOSTADA (but I just moved and have no spices so I am going to need to make a pit stop)

What I'll need:
chicken
paprika
red onion
cumin
lettuce
chili powder
tomato
garlic
black beans
lime
red/yellow/orange (love the colors) peppers
avocado
salsa
cheese
rice

How I will prepare (in no particular order...perhaps I will order later for you):

1. Chicken in oven at 350 until golden and a little crispy on the outside (I like a little crunch). Slice onion and peppers and include with chicken.
2. Mix avocado, salt, pepper, lime, salsa (sort of cheating), garlic, and chili powder to taste for guacamole (this is my favorite part of fajitas)
3. Prepare black beans -- rinse and put on stove
4. Rice -- rinse and put on stove with equal parts vegetable broth and water
5. Prepare lettuce and toppings
6. Enjoy!

You're probably wondering, 'what about the shell'? So, I guess this is a good time to tell you that I have a disease called Celiac Disease. What is means is, I cannot eat any (not even a spec) of gluten which is in well, a lot. I could probably write millions of posts about celiac alone but I think that might be a little boring and I will leave it to the experts. So, if you are interested in doing a little research, this is my favorite sight.

I won't always post gluten free items (I know many people who don't have Celiac Disease and I think they should also get to eat normally) but will always give a gluten free option...

Happy eating...

S

No comments: