A few days of no blogging and I am back and more ready then ever!
I wasn't on vacation, although I wish I was. I was just plain busy!
But I am back now, never fear (not that you did...but 'just in cases'...do you know what movie that is from?). Anywho, I've got a big day ahead of me and yoga until 9:15 tonight (hot, sweaty yoga...jkelly, I know you're jealous). But, when I get home I think I'll maybe have something warm for dinner. I've really been longing for a few cold fall evenings so that I can make soup and sit on the couch in a blanket watching a movie and sipping tomato soup but alas, I must wait. Summer is not quite over and I know that in about 2 months, I will be dreaming once again of my flip flops.
I think tonight I will have rice with lots of chopped vegetables and hummus. Nothing too fancy just simple and delicious!
So long...perhaps I will blog twice today since I took a few days off!
I LOVE Saturday. Laying in my pajamas, listening to music, drinking coffee, reading the paper, just plain lounging.
I wasn't always so great at the lounging part, I used to think that if you didn't leave the house by 10am it meant that you were lazy, boring etc. I have learned better. These days, I am one of those, if I don't have any plans, people who lounge for hours. Although I still get up at the butt crack of dawn, I've become a much better lounger.
Anyways, while lounging this am, I thought three things:
1. The sushi I ate last night (I have a serious addiction) -- it was too late when I got home at 9 to make a tostada! 2. I am bringing the KitchenAid to the new apartment tomorrow :) 3. That I love lists...but, you probably already figured that out
Be back later when I've decide what dinner will be tonight! Woohoo, Paul (brother) and Averi (sister in law - I hate the "in law" part but I guess it would be weird if my brother and sister went on a honeymoon...food for thought) get back from their honeymoon tonight! Yay, I've missed them in the last two weeks!
I really don't understand, it's a new thing for me this, hit your snooze for an hour straight...
Another thing I don't understand, why all I can think about when I wake up and get ready is music and what I will be making for dinner. While most of the time what I decide at 6:30am is not what I eat at 9pm, I still insist on deciding every morning. So, this morning I decided on...
TOSTADA (but I just moved and have no spices so I am going to need to make a pit stop)
What I'll need: chicken paprika red onion cumin lettuce chili powder tomato garlic black beans lime red/yellow/orange (love the colors) peppers avocado salsa cheese rice
How I will prepare (in no particular order...perhaps I will order later for you):
1. Chicken in oven at 350 until golden and a little crispy on the outside (I like a little crunch). Slice onion and peppers and include with chicken. 2. Mix avocado, salt, pepper, lime, salsa (sort of cheating), garlic, and chili powder to taste for guacamole (this is my favorite part of fajitas) 3. Prepare black beans -- rinse and put on stove 4. Rice -- rinse and put on stove with equal parts vegetable broth and water 5. Prepare lettuce and toppings 6. Enjoy!
You're probably wondering, 'what about the shell'? So, I guess this is a good time to tell you that I have a disease called Celiac Disease. What is means is, I cannot eat any (not even a spec) of gluten which is in well, a lot. I could probably write millions of posts about celiac alone but I think that might be a little boring and I will leave it to the experts. So, if you are interested in doing a little research, this is my favorite sight.
I won't always post gluten free items (I know many people who don't have Celiac Disease and I think they should also get to eat normally) but will always give a gluten free option...
I never thought I would do this...blog thing. First of all, I just don't think I am a very skilled writer and second, what the heck was I ever going to blog about. But, after an epiphany of sorts I decided that I really ought to give it a try. For heaven's sake, no one has to know about it if I hate it! Or maybe one day it will just be a big joke, like hey... 'remember that time Sarah wrote a blog? What happened to it?'
But, in all reality, I have always wanted to share a piece of me with as many (or as little) people as wanted to be a part. I think this is a good start.
I also, and my closest friends and family can attest, have always wanted to spend my days cooking, cleaning, reading, and helping other people, making their world a little bit better. In a dream world, this is how my day would go...
1. Wake up (early) and go to the gym, hot yoga, some form of strenuous exercise
2. Come home, have a GIANT cup of coffee and read the paper for a few hours
3. Think...ideas, advice, the to do list
5. Go to the Farmer's Market (I wish they were year around!)
5. Cook, Bake...
6. Share a meal with the people I love
7. Go to bed and do it all over again (well, with some variation :), I am not THAT boring)...
So anyways, in an effort to live in my perfect world, in an attempt to live as many days as possible doing the things I love most with the people I love most, I have started this blog. To chronicle my days...to watch the story of my life unfold and to have a place to store it.